27 November, 2019
Software QA Engineer 2 will be key member of quality team responsible for managing small teams up to 5 test engineers in the design, development of system test plans for medium-sized projects or components of larger, complex project. This role will require working directly with developers, QA leads & managers, support specialists, and product management teams.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Analyze the product requirements and develop test plans for core application of business performance optimization software products
- Execute the system test scripts, debug the failures, review log captures, monitor testing progress & document results.
- Analyze the test results, document and publish the quality metrics.
- Measure the application testability and requirement coverage thru bi-directional traceability matrix.
- Develop and enhance test data to support test case execution and supports creation and maintenance of libraries of reusable test data sets.
- Work with Functional team/Development team to update defects with required information, if requested and move to closure by validating once fixed
- Lead offshore QA team to handle day-to-day testing activities and monitor the progress.
- Review Testing strategy and test scenarios created by offshore testing team
- Collaborate closely with Product Management team and triage the defects to relevant release version daily.
- Conduct functional, system, regression, ETL and Sanity Testing.
- Verify the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQL queries, to extract the data from the database.
- Prepare UAT workflows to demonstrate the new product feature and provide demos to product management team.
- Responsible for managing internal release process and ensuring the quality of product.
Minimum Experience & Education Requirements
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or equivalent experience in a mathematical or technical field
- At least 6 years of SQA experience with demonstrable understanding of software testing principles.
- 3 years of testing experience in analytic or business intelligence, web services, Services Oriented Architectures, and enterprise scale applications.
- 2 years of experience in test automation tools (Selenium, Junit, Jmeter preferred) & frameworks, testing web services (REST/ SOAP) & web application security (SSO-SAML, OAuth, XSS/CSRF) testing is required.
- In-depth knowledge of standard web technologies, including app servers, web servers, databases, browsers, etc.
- Working knowledge and experience with Agile methodologies and processes.
- Work experience in using software development tools like SVN, JIRA, Git etc…
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Highly motivated to work and learn new skills to contribute to the team's success.
- Ability to act as part of a team working towards common goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong team player with flexible attitude.
- Prior experience or avid interest in the healthcare and life science industries.