Invitae is a healthcare technology company that leverages genetic information to empower doctors and patients to make informed medical decisions. Our software quality engineers work on a variety of projects ranging from innovations in healthcare systems to taming the chaos of biology. We're constantly improving our tools and technologies to deliver the highest quality actionable information for patient health.
Who you are:
You are an experienced software quality engineer with a passion for improving software quality and development efficiency through tools, automation, and smart testing. You are comfortable working in an agile environment. The process of detecting and fixing issues as early as possible in SDLC is exciting, challenging, and satisfying for you. This role would also be a good fit for someone who is interested in transitioning to full-time software development.
What you will do:
- Recognize and manage integration points across organizational teams and systems to identify interdependencies/contention points, capture redundancies and inefficiencies.
- Partner with software development teams and stakeholders to ensure that the applications meet or exceed our quality standards
- Take charge of automating our regression testing using Cypress or similar tool
- Handle all day-to-day testing for our sprint and manage releases
- Partner with software QA teams to ideate on tooling that enables improving testing efficiency and reliability
- Research technologies and methodologies to improve test practices
What you bring:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of working experience with REST API automation testing
- 2+ years of knowledge in Git (or similar subversion) and Jenkins (or similar tools Bamboo/TFS)
- Proficient in front-end testing. Experience with Cypress a significant bonus. Preferred experience with Jest, Jasmine, Enzyme, and other related technologies.
- Experience with testing of complex web applications in a CI Agile environment
- Experience in writing test strategy, test plan, and test cases; capturing test results; and resolving issues.
- Solid experience navigating and working with relational databases via SQL
- Experience developing and automating tests with tools such as TestNG or Selenium WebDriver preferred
- Familiarity with Linux environment and shell scripting
- Great communication skills (written and verbal). Must be able to quickly understand technical problems and communicate with a variety of developers, scientists, and stakeholders.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.