MyVest is a growing fintech company headquartered in the heart of San Francisco, building enterprise-level software for wealth management. Our software helps some of the leading financial institutions in the country empower more families to secure their financial future. Come work for a company with award-winning culture, where collaboration, transparency, work/life balance (and of course fun) are among our highest values.
The Investment Management team is responsible for innovation and development in the areas of strategy and portfolio management, trade optimization, rebalancing, broker and custodian integrations. You will contribute to and lead projects building out our new features as well as rebuilding, upgrading, and enhancing our current products.
- Review new development and change requirements to ascertain testing needs.
- Develop automated tests for existing features alongside engineers while they build out new features.
- Build web services to create or manipulate data to aid automated tests.
- Build mock services to help isolate the scope of tests.
- Help to define the best technique for testing a change; end-to-end test, web service test, unit test, or other.
- Mentor engineers to help them also build automated tests.
- Develop and execute test plans for our web based wealth management software.
- Work with development teams to implement best practices and participate in code reviews.
- Identify, reproduce and track defects.
- Run test cases manually and then design automated test to replace them.
- Collaborate on defect resolutions with developers / partners
- Ascertain release readiness and improve the release process.
- Learn about the investment management industry.
- Follow Agile software development, using Scrum methodology.
- A motivated self-starter who can deliver individually or as part of a team.
- Able to work with changing requirements in a fast paced environment.
- Capable of quickly understanding business requirements and developing creative technical solutions.
- A software engineer who cares about product stability and the means to achieve it.
- Creative, curious, detail-oriented, and a problem-solver.
- Passionate about open source technologies and testing frameworks.
- Actively familiarizing yourself with new technologies and testing trends.
- 3-6 years of software development experience, including design and implementation.
- 3-6 years of software QA experience, including automated testing and gray box testing.
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Strong experience in Automation testing.
- Strong Java experience
- Knowledge of Selenium, CodeceptJS, Jasmine, Karma, Postman, Jenkins, SQL, XML, JSON, REST, SOAP.
- Knowledge of web services and how to test them.
- Experience leading multiple initiatives for complex applications.
- Experience defining clear and concise test cases.
- Experience understanding data models and managing test data.
- Experience testing financial services software investment management software a big plus.
Don't worry, we don't expect you to have everything on this list, but the more the merrier!
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible time off
- Dedication to work/life balance
- $1,500 Annual Professional Development budget to grow your career
- Generous coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance premiums — for you AND your family
- 401(k) Match
- Bright open office in FiDi with views of the Bay