We believe greatness happens when the makers of our world -- the industrial heroes who build things, fix things, grow things, and dig things -- are empowered by technology and data-assisted intelligence instead of being hampered by paperwork and analog processes. We are developing powerful, user-centric software that is creating better outcomes, more work opportunities, and awesome products at some of the largest companies in the world. At Parsable, you'll find a team hungry for your great ideas and innovative thinking, and when you take your seat on our rocket ship, your efforts and insights will help us move the needle even faster. We think you'll agree that Parsable is one of the most unique missions you'll find in a high-growth, Silicon Valley-based company today.
About this Role
Parsable is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced QA Engineer to join our team! As a member of the Quality Engineering team, you will act as a driving force for the quality efforts throughout Parsable. You will strive to provide the best possible experience for our customers through an "automate-first" mindset without any fear of getting your hands "dirty". A qualified candidate will meet the below criteria.
- Take the lead role testing multiple projects while applying standard QA procedures
- Utilize innovative testing technologies to develop a product test strategy
- Develop modular, reusable and maintainable automated tests to be integrated into existing automation framework.
- Further contribute to the development of automation infrastructure to handle challenging use cases across platforms, including mobile and web.
- Collaborate with development, design and product team members
- Report clear and detailed issues to the team
- Provide and act on feedback to continuously improve development and testing practices
- 3+ years of manual testing experience
- 2+ years of experience with Selenium, Java, and Appium
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Familiarity with Black Box/White Box testing and edge case testing
- Have the ability to understand and explain the connection between the testing environment and the system under test
- Solid understanding and experience with any Linux distribution
- Experienced with UNIX command line and basic tools (grep, awk, sed)
- Familiar with regular expressions
- Knowledge of source control management systems (Git, Subversion, Perforce, etc...)
You'd be a good fit if you…
- Have the ability to think as an end-user of the project being tested, whether as a customer or another engineer
- You are methodical, display high attention to detail, and have the desire to learn and be able to prioritize tasks
- Possess superb communication skills and are able to relay findings to developers in a clear and concise manner to define a problem
- Are a strong team player
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and enjoy challenges
- You take a customer-oriented approach in all manner of decisions