Software Development Engineer in Test
27 November, 2019
A million people a year die in car collisions around the world and we want that number to be zero. We invite you to help us build an InsurTech company that uses rich customer insights, advanced technology and data science to save lives by preventing car collisions before they happen. To this end, we recently helped launch hiroad.com, a cloud native insurance solution that rewards people for the act of driving well.
With impressive funding, a compelling vision, and a world-class team, we're poised to re-engineer a trillion-dollar category from the ground up- and that's just where we're beginning. Longer term, we're out to change behavior and promote mindful living at a societal level.
BlueOwl is seeking SDET (Software Developer Engineer in Test) who would be responsible for test automation of mobile and backend services. Our stack consists of Appium, UIAutomator, JAVA, RestAssured, Python, but we are also open for new testing tools to continuously improve our test coverage.
- Work with Product team and conduct test design and establish test coverage for specific story and tasks for Mobile clients
- Work with engineering team on test planning, test automation and test execution for Mobile (iOS and Android)
- Write backend integration tests and tests for RESTful APIs
- Develop frameworks and automated test cases using Appium, Java, Python
- Design and develop integration, regression, and stress tests using industry standard tools
- Research new or better alternate automated testing tools
- Design and implement tools that improve efficiency in manual testing
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong programming and scripting skills
- Experience with one or more of the following: Go, Python, Java
- Experience with open source tools like Appium, UIAutomator, Selenium
- Experience working with grey/white box testing
- Creative, independent, self-motivated and quick to learn new technologies
- Good knowledge of Linux
- 4-5 years of related practical experience
- Knowledge of databases/SQL/Postgresql
- Shell scripting skills is a plus
- Desire to automate everything and reduce the time required to manually test products
- Insurance domain knowledge is a plus
- Salary: We invest in first-rate people and pay top-of-market salaries for most positions, factoring in experience and talent. We are unable to offer equity.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), wellness reimbursement, four weeks of vacation + six weeks of parental leave, and great work-life balance. Plus on-site shower and bike stalls, and panoramic views of San Francisco.
- Location near Montgomery BART station in the financial district.
- Location: San Francisco, CA